• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WP~Paint

WP~Paint

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Indiana

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:30 PM

I along with my dad and brother am going to try to make a set of cornhole boards for my boyfriend for Christmas...What could I paint on there. He is a country boy, I thought about a camo paint, but how in the world would I do that?!?
CD Yogi Bar...2001 APHA Paint Gelding
[SIGPIC]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/countrykid33101/sig-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

#2 vicklynn

vicklynn

Banned

• Banned
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

Whats a cornhole board?

#3 WashingtonBay

WashingtonBay

Baaaah!

• Moderators
  • 33,393 posts
  • Rochester, WA

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

What she ^ said ??

#4 WP~Paint

WP~Paint

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Indiana

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

The game cornhole...there boards and you throw the bean bags across them and try to get them into the hole at the top.
[SIGPIC]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/countrykid33101/sig-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

#5 vicklynn

vicklynn

Banned

• Banned
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Oh, those.....um:headscratch:

#6 valleyrider

valleyrider

The Critter Keeper

• Senior Members
  • 3,640 posts
  • Hudson Valley, NY

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:28 PM

:huh:

#7 AUEquine

AUEquine

• Members
  • 2,543 posts
  • Reeltown, AL

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:33 PM

Most of ours are painted with Auburn colors and emblems. Does he have a favorite sports team? How about john deere colors, and either paint or buy a john deer decal. What's his favorite camo? Is he a mossy oak guy. Paint the boards a natural color and put a mossy oak emblem on there. Or a browning deer head. Is he partial to his truck? Paint a chevy/dodge/ford emblem on them.

Hope some of those ideas help.

For those who've never seen this game.... There's two boards. They are like 3'x4' and at about a 30 degree angle with a 6'' hole near the top of them. The game is kinda like horseshoes. 2 teams of 2, and they throw bean bags at the other board. 1 point for on the board, and 3 points for through the hole (some people have different point values). It's really fun, and quite addicting!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Don't take your organs to heaven. Heaven knows we need them here!

#8 WP~Paint

WP~Paint

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Indiana

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

I'm liking the deer head or the Mossy Oak emblem...I just need to find out somehow which stuff he is into. As for the truck, he isn't too picky, so It would be kinda hard to do that one.

#9 Rod44

Rod44

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • southwest Wisconsin

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

You don't throw bean bags. You throw bags filled with shell corn. Hence the name corn hole.

#10 gabhainn

gabhainn

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

How about Beavis and Butthead...You know butthead pulls his shirt ober his head and yells "I am the great cornholio" while Beavis laughs "Heh heh heh heh".........Sorry I grew up on MTV in the '80's and that was the first thing that I thought of.............Kevin

#11 Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

Bad Mamma Jamma (:

• Members
  • 2,427 posts
  • Northeast Ohio

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:30 AM

Wow..AU had really great ideas.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
- Mark Twain

"There is only success - to be able to spend your life your own way." - Christopher Morley

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." - Vince Lombardi

#12 miatapony

miatapony

Banned

• Banned
  • 6,195 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

How about Beavis and Butthead...You know butthead pulls his shirt ober his head and yells "I am the great cornholio" while Beavis laughs "Heh heh heh heh".........Sorry I grew up on MTV in the '80's and that was the first thing that I thought of.............Kevin

that is the same thing i thought of Kevin...LOL

#13 TheRedHayflinger

TheRedHayflinger

Pony Slobber Rag

• Members
  • 1,868 posts
  • ohio

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:08 AM

a friend actually has something of that effect on a set of his cornhole boards..lol

around here it's Ohio State Buckeyes stuff or bullseyes...I've seen a few camo ones too (camo is easy to paint...just do splodges of the colors)

#14 WP~Paint

WP~Paint

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Indiana

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:08 PM

Yah, I'm liking the camo idea...and I actually got him to tell me he likes Real Tree camo...something came up yesterday and I was like are you a certain camo guy...it was perfect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users