27 replies to this topic

#1 Remali

Remali

there and back again

• Members
  • 15,144 posts
  • Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

LOL. It does make a person wonder.... :)

http://www.remotevie...foot-on-camera/

#2 saddlebum

saddlebum

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Idaho

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

There is a college professor here in town who is supposed to be a world expert on Bigfoot. He is supposed to be on one of the news shows sometime pretty soon. When I lived in Washington state a long long time ago they used to have sightings pretty frequently. It does make one wonder.

Does anyone rembember the movie: Harry and the Hendersons? That movie cracked me up. I haven't thought about it for a while but I think I have it so I'm going to watch it today.

#3 Equine_Woman

Equine_Woman

Mustang Crazy

• Donors
  • 9,964 posts
  • Texas

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

It looks like a man in a rain suit and hat. But I'd be freaked out if my game camera took that picture! lol.

HERD2014c.jpg

#4 Suzi

Suzi

• Members
  • 1,657 posts
  • Keysville, Virginia

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:32 AM

I say guy in a camo suit.....
Posted Image

#5 Remali

Remali

there and back again

• Members
  • 15,144 posts
  • Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:37 AM

I remember Harry and the Hendersons! Harry was a cute and friendly Bigfoot..... I think I would freak if I saw something like this other one strolling thru the woods....unless of course I knew it was someone in a bigfoot suit, lol!!

OK....so where is GypsyRose? This happened up in her neck of the woods....!

#6 dame_wolf

dame_wolf

Waterlogged...

• Senior Members
  • 5,645 posts
  • Rainy Oregon

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:29 PM

Anythings possible I guess...

Side Note: Is that a new pic of you and your little girl Renee? Are you holding out on us???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~John Wayne

Check out my Photography

http://spottedhorsephotography.net/

Like me on Facebook

https://www.facebook...186372038061534

For Rhythm Beads and Mane Clips

https://www.facebook...208?ref=tn_tnmn

#7 TheBadLands

TheBadLands

!! Bully Mom !!

• Members
  • 5,082 posts
  • Florida

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:36 PM

It was just me in my footie PJs... no big deal lol:innocent:

Dogs are like potato chips.. you can't just have one!

#8 dame_wolf

dame_wolf

Waterlogged...

• Senior Members
  • 5,645 posts
  • Rainy Oregon

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Oh, glad you cleared that up Lindsey.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway~John Wayne

Check out my Photography

http://spottedhorsephotography.net/

Like me on Facebook

https://www.facebook...186372038061534

For Rhythm Beads and Mane Clips

https://www.facebook...208?ref=tn_tnmn

#9 Gypsy Rose

Gypsy Rose

Gypsy's Slave

• Validating
  • 10,023 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

OK....so where is GypsyRose? This happened up in her neck of the woods....!

Remer's about 70 miles southeast of me, in the Chippewa National Forest area.

Personally, I agree. Looks like a man walking upright in a suit, lol! I do know there's lots of dense woods down there, and I'll bet the lighting gets all whacko at different times of the day.

BSU has a good Biology and Mammology Dept. If Dr. Hazard doesn't think it's Bigfoot, it's probably not, lol!:p

Have to ask my godmother if she's heard anything about it. She just retired last year. I think she was a Molecular Biologist, or whatever it's called. I know she's still active with the University, and maybe could find out something, though if they don't know.....:whistle: All speculation, then, lol!:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Pandorasmom!

#10 Gypsy Rose

Gypsy Rose

Gypsy's Slave

• Validating
  • 10,023 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:50 PM

It was just me in my footie PJs... no big deal lol:innocent:

Oh, glad you cleared that up Lindsey.

So now, we know.......:hysterical:

Hey, wait a minute! You were that close and you didn't come and visit me?!:D:hysterical:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Pandorasmom!

#11 Dakota Sunrise

Dakota Sunrise

Halfling

• Donors
  • 9,108 posts
  • The Shire

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:27 PM

I say it was Big Foot! (Unless a really tall guy dressed up in a fuzzy black bear costume and paraded around the woods looking for game cameras.:p) There have been so many sightings from people all over the the U.S. and most of them describe the same thing, and many have gotten similar pictures. I have no trouble believing Big Foot exists, just like I don't doubt that there really alliens and UFOs out there somewhere. There's probably a lochness monster too.:D

ETA: Although Natisha does have a point.. the more I look at the picture his legs do look a bit odd.:huh: So maybe that one isn't big foot... but I still think it exists. Somewhere.

Edited by Dakota Sunrise, 10 December 2009 - 02:16 PM.

Galadriel: Why the halfling?

Gandalf: Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? I don't know. Perhaps because I am afraid, and he gives me courage.

-The Hobbit

#12 natisha

natisha

I love my eaglets!

• Donors
  • 14,285 posts
  • Palmyra, Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

LOL, that Bigfoot has legs shaped like pants

#13 lacyloo

lacyloo

Possum Queen

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

FAKE. No living animal could have legs like that,showing no muscle tone at all.
I think bigfoot's real but not this one...

#14 Ragnar Danneskjold

Ragnar Danneskjold

Senior Pirate

• Senior Members
  • 4,934 posts
  • Gig Harbor, WA

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

LOL, that Bigfoot has legs shaped like pants

Agree. Looks like pants.

I'm not a bigfoot "believer" per se, and I don't go in for very much of the paranormal sorts of things... but that said I will have to admit that Bigfoot is one that I haven't totally written off. I'd say it's "unlikely" that there's such a thing, but it's not completely impossible.

There is a slight chance that there is some kind of primate species that has so far been able to live more or less undiscovered in the more remote places. Especially if they're reasonably smart and bashful about people. Heck, Cougars are rarely sighted-- I've never seen one in the wild-- but I've got no problem believing in them. And there's tens of thousands of them. Come to think of it, cougar sightings aren't much more common than bigfoot sightings. Add in that pretty much every single trible of people on every continent has myths and legends about some such critter. Maybe they really did see something.

But this guy was wearing pants. Looks like a snowsuit.

While we're on the subject... to add to the fun: The only other such topic I do happen to believe in is Atlantis. I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that Atlantis was a real place and an early strong and vibrant civilization that was wiped out by some kind of natural disaster, like an eruption of a caldera or some such thing. I haven't settled on a particular place just yet. It may have been in the Med, but it may also have been in the Atlantic. Easter Island area... perhaps even the Caribbean. Dunno. But it was a place.

So, there's that.

#15 Gypsy Rose

Gypsy Rose

Gypsy's Slave

• Validating
  • 10,023 posts
  • Minnesota

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:40 PM

Here's a map of the Remer area. Lots of lakes and woods. Who knows?

http://www.mapquest....s?zipcode=56672
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank you Pandorasmom!

#16 Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn

Bad Mamma Jamma (:

• Members
  • 2,427 posts
  • Northeast Ohio

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:46 PM

It looks like a guy in an entire snowsuit. And he has large gloves on (you know those ski type gloves I think they are?) and possibly a hat or pull over face cover of some kind to keep the cold out. But I do believe Bigfoot exists.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
- Mark Twain

"There is only success - to be able to spend your life your own way." - Christopher Morley

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." - Vince Lombardi

#17 lacyloo

lacyloo

Possum Queen

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:57 PM

Some things I noticed...
Its hunting season so hunters are getting out of their stands late.Trail cameras have a time and date on the bottom of the screen, That picture doesn't.Which leads me to believe a hunter was caught on the camera and when someone reviewed the pictures, they knew they could fool people because it looked like "bigfoot" and cropped out the time/date.

#18 Remali

Remali

there and back again

• Members
  • 15,144 posts
  • Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:03 PM

It's fun to speculate, but I agree..... no doubt some guy trying to stay warm in a big fuzzy suit...lol.
And trying create a buzz about Bigfoot! ;)

Dame_Wolf... that is an old picture of my Arabian gelding Daanex, he was a cool horse, I was holding a magazine and he acted as if he was reading it. lol. I posted a thread about a week ago, or so, about the mare I was adopting.... but because of my health issues now, and the new findings about my herniated disks in my lumbar spine, I won't be able to adopt the mare after all. Maybe next year, if things get better, I can get another horse, but I will have to get an older trained horse.....my back won't hack training a youngster now.

#19 MyMia

MyMia

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Southern NH

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

I'm undecided if Bigfoot exists, but my question is always, why are the pictures always poor quality? I can see back 50 years, pictures were awful because they didn't have good cameras then. Why can't someone get a GOOD, clear picture of Bigfoot if it exists? If it exists, yes, it would be shy and avoid people, but people can get good pictures of strange, new species discovered, so why not this?

#20 natisha

natisha

I love my eaglets!

• Donors
  • 14,285 posts
  • Palmyra, Wisconsin

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:12 PM

While we're on the subject... to add to the fun: The only other such topic I do happen to believe in is Atlantis. I'm pretty thoroughly convinced that Atlantis was a real place and an early strong and vibrant civilization that was wiped out by some kind of natural disaster, like an eruption of a caldera or some such thing. I haven't settled on a particular place just yet. It may have been in the Med, but it may also have been in the Atlantic. Easter Island area... perhaps even the Caribbean. Dunno. But it was a place.

So, there's that.

Probably sunk from the melting ice caps caused by man made carbon emissions....Oh wait, that's us now :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users