• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

I have had a few bad experiences with rocks and other concrete surfaces forcefully coming in contact with my bum.

It bothers me if I sit too long, or if I sit at an akward angle...

Today in bio I scooted my butt up in my chair and I felt the most excrusiating pain I have ever experienced in my 17 years of living. lol.

And I stood up a little while ago and felt it cause it was sore and I felt a 3/4 inch hard bump thing above my actual tail bone (coccyx)
............:huh:
It hurts.
Any experience w/ this stuff?

Posted Image

BuddyK

You are a great champion. When you ran, the ground shook, the sky opened and mere mortals parted. Parted the way to victory, where you'll meet me in the winner's circle, where I'll put a blanket of flowers on your back.

#2 vicklynn

vicklynn

Banned

• Banned
  • 14,894 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:13 PM

Oh man, bone spur???to the buttocks. That would hurt if it is.

I have one on my foot near my big and first toe. Dosnt bother me much any more, I dont dance like I used to.

#3 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

I dont know if it can cause any serious harm... medically...
It hurts like you wouldnt believe but I can deal with that
...what I cant deal with is bleeding internally lol

Posted Image

BuddyK

You are a great champion. When you ran, the ground shook, the sky opened and mere mortals parted. Parted the way to victory, where you'll meet me in the winner's circle, where I'll put a blanket of flowers on your back.

#4 WashingtonBay

WashingtonBay

Baaaah!

• Moderators
  • 33,393 posts
  • Rochester, WA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

I broke my tail bone as a teen. Some guys were swingin' me to throw me off the dock into the lake and they dropped me.

It's not the kind of thing that can be fixed with a cast, so they usually leave it alone. It'll either fuse back, or it'll float around.

If it remains painful beyond the time a bruise would, you should get it looked at.

#5 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

If only I had health insurance:rolleyes:

Posted Image

BuddyK

#6 Miracle Whip

Miracle Whip

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,679 posts
  • Eastern Iowa

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:42 PM

What state do you live in? We qualified for state Medicaid because I am unemployed and Bob has some major Epilepsy drugs, they cost a couple thousand dollars a month without insurance. So they put us on state papers just so we could get the medications. That enables us to go to the state university/hospital for free.

#7 WashingtonBay

WashingtonBay

Baaaah!

• Moderators
  • 33,393 posts
  • Rochester, WA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

If only I had health insurance:rolleyes:

Yeah - I know how that is too.

It could also be this: Pilonidal Cyst

I've had that too. Probably related to the broken tailbone... but who knows. If it gets inflamed it WILL make itself more and more known. Very painful.

#8 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

I live in MA so it's kinda illegal not to have insurance but my dad is well.......... to put it plainly HATES the doctors.

Thanks for the info WB

Posted Image

BuddyK

#9 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:07 PM

Im not sure if thats what it is or not.... Its hard to tell, not something I can take pics of ya know;)
My tail bone had always been sore since I was like...12-ish?

Sometimes more than others, but today was bad and so sudden...

Posted Image

BuddyK

#10 WashingtonBay

WashingtonBay

Baaaah!

• Moderators
  • 33,393 posts
  • Rochester, WA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

Well, when I was your age, I would often get sore sitting reclined onto my tailbone for any long period. I had both going on, in varying degrees. It's still not real comfortable for me to sit on hard surfaces a long time, like bleachers.

Keep an eye on it. If it is a pilonidal, and it is in a stage of getting inflamed now it may blow up bad on you, or it may just come and go when you irritate it too much and improve with better rest. But if it blows up, unless you've got a friend you'd trust to lance it for you (that's trust ;)) you won't have a lot of choice but to go to urgent care or something, but if it's bad you'll gladly pay it to be relieved.

#11 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

where is it located?
cause mine isn't on my lower back right above the "crack" (sorry for my bluntness) lol
Its more right on the inside like 1/4 inch down?

Posted Image

BuddyK

#12 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

maybe 1/8 in. down

Posted Image

BuddyK

#13 Dandy21

Dandy21

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • SC

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

You could try PMing ALOK, (or wait for her to get back on the forum... tomorrow). She has had a bone chip (though in her hip) and she took care of a friend who had a tailbone cyst removed.

#14 WashingtonBay

WashingtonBay

Baaaah!

• Moderators
  • 33,393 posts
  • Rochester, WA

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:13 PM

That's the right spot, unfortunately. That's why it hurts so bad... it's in a tight spot ;) Pressure from all sides.

I hate to be an armchair Doctor, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but if you've got a bump 'there', then I would guess Pilonidal.

You know what the worst part? I still remember the joke the doctor made when I dropped my shorts in the office. He said "Hmmmm.... this looks like a real pain in the ass!"

I couldn't believe he said that, but it was funny. :D

Mine grew to about the size of a golf ball, and it was excruciating then. Till it was lanced. Then he packed it full of gauze for a few days, that I could pull out myself. That was another funny story. ;)

#15 root tootin' scoot

root tootin' scoot

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Salem MA

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:13 AM

gosh darn it. just my luck:rolleyes:
No riding for me for awhile.... :(

Posted Image

BuddyK

#16 elevenelevenxo

elevenelevenxo

Rebel without a cause

• Members
  • 2,485 posts
  • Lewis Center, OH

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:37 AM

Over two years ago I slipped on ice while walking down some stairs on a hike during the winter. This was in West Virginia while I was road tripping with my boyfriend to the ocean (and was just our first day...). It hurt SO incredibly bad. I had to then sit in the car for hourssssss......it continued to hurt solidly for the next several months. I never had it looked at, but I'm convinced I broke it. I took a spill on roller blades when I was in the 5th grade and bruised my tailbone bretty bad, so maybe it was pre-weakened from that...I don't know.

To this day, if it's generally rainy and gloomy out, I hurt pretty bad. I'm scared to know what I'll be like when I'm an old woman!! I won't be able to sit down! :(
"...and the American sheeple all waved their flags..."

Jessica

And Maybe, we were made for each other...

#17 TLC97

TLC97

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
  • Maine

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

It sounds more like a cyst (my co-worker had that and it had to be lanced and surgically scraped because he let it go so long). Try not to have anything rub on it to irrate it. You could try some sort of drawing agent to see if that helps draw it out, but that is a 50/50 as it may make it worse.

I broke my tail bone iceskating as a teen and then when I had Jonathan he snapped it again for me only up higher. I had to sit on a donut pillow for weeks and it still will bug me from time to time now.

#18 zoel_222

zoel_222

No.

• Members
  • 6,093 posts
  • Sheridan, Oregon

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

I have the same thing! I broke my back and tail bone a couple years ago. I can't sit in a hard chair for more than like a half hour without feeling excruciating pain. I do pilates, too and there are a lot of exercises I can't do or that little part of my tail bone gets hurts SOOO bad. When I first got x-rays they sent me to a chiro who told me I'd need extensive physical therapy or my butt would ending up hurting really bad and I'd get back problems when I got older. I don't have health insurance either and I don't qualify for the free stuff so I couldn't go..... guess my chiro was right. :(
"A woman who has horses can go anywhere she pleases"

#19 gabhainn

gabhainn

Banned

• Banned
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

some people may remember my post from the other forum, where I learned about wb's experience, I had a horse roll on me and broke my tail bone off, and actually its not that rare, so my tail bone is just floating around down there, and since I have no butt I find it from time to time ouch!!! only cure is removal, and I dont care for the thought of my butt being operated on...Kevin

#20 Horserider

Horserider

• Donors
  • 2,582 posts
  • Michigan

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

Hmm interesting. I've been having tail bone pain too. It started a few days ago. I thought it was from crushing the nerves while sitting on my foot (I do that a lot at school), but it's been a few days and it still hurts from time to time when I'm sitting in a chair.
Horserider = Friesian lover, bookworm, writer, college student, and sadly horseless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users